Khao Sok National park + Cheawlan Lake overnight tour package 2 days 1 night
Khao Sok National park: It has been called the most beautiful National Park in the world and this is no idle boast. From the earliest Chinese dynasties to the present, painters have portrayed on parchments, silk and palace walls the mythical images of the mist-shrouded karsts of Guilin in China's Guangxi province.
The UNESCO World Heritage status awarded to Guilin has also been bestowed on Vietnam's Halong Bay and Thailand's Phang Nga Bay for much the same reasons.
Both sites boast karsts-studded topography with awe-inspiring island and ridges that climb vertically from 300 to 400 meters. Bold and beautiful as these internationally famous locations now are, there's a newcomer on the block. Khao Sok National Park that is making a name for itself as the boldest, most dramatic of all, Its karsts formation rise three times as high, to a staggering 960 meters, and boasts an abundance of wildlife.
Khao Sok, in Southern Thailand's Surathani Province, is just north of Phuket with 165 sqm. Artificial lake created in 1982 with the damming of the Pasaeng River, the largest watershed in the south of Thailand's. The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand recognized the huge hydroelectric potential of this watershed about the same time Khao Sok National Park was created in 1980.
The Thai army also had an interest in this area, but for very different reason. They were anxious to expel a group of 170 "communist" insurgents hiding in the nearly inaccessible recesses of Khao Sok' forests. Though branded with Cold War terminology as communists, these rebels were actually prodemocracy students from Bangkok’s most prestigious universities. They had taken to the streets to protest a military dictatorship in Thailand at the time, but fled to the forest following a 1988 Bangkok student massacre in fear for their lives. Flooding the valley that harbored these fugitives was seen as the fastest way of driving them out of hiding..
2 Days 1 Night Cheow Lan Lake Overnight
Day 01: Cheow Lan Lake overnight (Lunch & Dinner)
We pick you up at the hotel in the morning to leave Phuket with our guide who will take care of and provide you information.
When the bus crosses Sarasin Bridge Phang Nga Province, you can feel the lifestyle of the local communities and their livings as well as the scenery of mountains, rubber and palm which are economic plants around the area. Take a short break for a cup of coffee while enjoying beautiful scenery at Khao Lak. Khao Lak has been hit by Tsunami.
Now, there is no mark of damage but only the painful memory of the tragedy.
As well as good memory of people who give help to others without discrimination to class, color, nation and religious such like “one world together”.
We then take you to Suratthani where the evergreen forest of Khao Sok National Park is located.
While we are on the mountainous and wonderful route, you will see the self-sufficiency lifestyle of the local people which makes us feel envy.
Arrive at Khaosok for an excited Elephant Bathing Program, you can enjoy giving the elephant a refreshing bath,
where you can scrub them, play with them and, get on their back without saddle (approximately 20 minutes).
After the bathing, you can buy some bananas to feed the elephants to show your appreciation if you wish.
We lead you to The Raft Hose by long tail boat during the boat trip you will be wondered with the very wide water ground of emerald and green colors.
It is very beautiful like you are in the ocean until you forget that you are really in the dam.
The nature surrounding you will be very beautiful while the trees on the mountains and islands are waving along the wind like they are welcoming their visitors.
After you store your luggage, you can enjoy swimming or canoeing.
Enjoy your dinner in the sound of jungle.
At night you will be enjoying your night under the light of stars, while watching and imaging the shadow of the trees and listening to the singing of insects,
breathing in the scent of forest and embraced by the forest.
Day 02: Cheow Lan Lake Safari tour (Breakfast & Lunch)
Early breakfast at the floating bungalow.
Pack your luggage & check out.
We will take you by long boat to enjoy early morning safari, you might be lucky to see various kinds of wild animal drinking water or seeking for some foods at the banks.
After the adventure, please take a visit to the Ratchaprapa Dam for sightseeing & take photo.
Stop for Thai style lunch at local restaurant.
Transfer back to your hotel in Phuket with a pleasant trip!
||Price per person in THB. currency
The tour price included:
* Round trip transfer for hotels in Phuket (joint transfer)
* 1 night stay at floating cottage (twin/triple sharing)
* Long tail boat trip & Canoeing gear
* Meals as in the itinerary (Thai food)
* Soft dring & coffee break
* Tour Guide
What to bring:
- Sun block lotion
- Sun glasses
- Suitable shoes
- Hat or cap
- Extra clothes & Towel
- 70% of your total amount will be charged if you notify us about your cancellation or any changes less than 7 days but not less than 5 days before your scheduled arrival.
- 100% of your total amount will be charged if you notify us about your cancellation or any changes less than 5 days before your scheduled arrival.
- All programs are subject to change depend on the weather condition.
- All programs are included national park fee.
- All times given above are varies.
- 1 night stay at floating cottage.
- Elephant bathing
- Lake sightseeing
Extra charge transfer service:
* Additional charged 300THB./way/car for transfer from hotels in Maikao Beach,
* Additional charge 400THB./way/car for transfer from Naiyang Beach, Naithon beach, Layan Beach, Ao Por Beach, Sirey Bay.
* Additional charged 500 THB./way/car for transfer service from in Laguna Beach, Bang Tao beach, Kamala Beach, Nai Harn Beach area.
* Additional charged 600 THB./way/car for transfer service from hotels in Leam Hin Pier, Rawai Beach, Panwa Beach, and Tri Trang Beach area.
* Free of charge round trip transfer for hotels in Patong beach, Kata Beach and Karon Beach area.